Language Services UK Limited (Hereafter referred to as: LSUK) are an equal opportunities employer. We are compliant and committed to The Equality Act 2010, UK, and the laws relating to LSUK’s Equalirty policy such as:
- The Equal Pay Act 1970
- The Sex Discrimination Act 1975
- The Race Relations Act 1976
- The Disability Discrimination Act 1995
- The Employment Rights Act 1996
- The Employment Equality (Sexual Orientation) Regulations 2003
- The Employment Equality (Religion or Belief) Regulations 2003
- The Equality Act 2010
We are committed to both Equal Opportunities and to reflecting the diversity of the society which we work to protect. We employ high calibre staff of both sexes and from all social and ethnic backgrounds
All staff will receive fair treatment throughout their careers regardless of race, ethnic or national origin, nationality, age, religion, sex, gender identity, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, working hours, agreed working patterns or fixed term appointment. LSUK’s policy of non-discrimination will be observed by all staff, both in their dealings with colleagues and with members of the public.
LSUK’s equality values are:
LSUK values the diversity of all people, whether they are employees, clients, suppliers, professional colleagues, visitors or the wider public. We will treat with respect all those with whom we interact.
• Individuals will be treated fairly, with dignity and respect regardless of their:
- Race or racial group; colour; ethnicity; place of origin; or nationality.
- Gender, marital status, pregnancy or maternity, sexual orientation or gender re-assignment.
- Religion, faith or similar philosophical belief.
• LSUK corporate values apply to all employees and those working on our behalf.
• LSUK positively promote equality of opportunity and good relations. We will attempt to cater for the different needs represented by diversity.
• LSUK recognise merit and we will continue where appropriate to differentiate between individuals on grounds such as expertise, performance, achievement, conduct and attitude in matters of employment, recognition and reward. We will also differentiate on the basis of their legal entitlement to work and the requirements of the role.
• LSUK will actively monitor compliance, whilst recognising an individual’s right to withhold an equalities declaration, and will take reasonable action to achieve compliance.
• This policy will be reviewed annually.
This policy is made in fulfilment of The Equality Act 1974 and any other relevant legislations and regulations.